What is turmeric latte
Turmeric latte, also known as Golden Milk, is a bit like a chai latte . We first brew a strong tea before adding a little milk. We use our mixture of Turmeric and mango which gives a strong and fruity latte. Turmeric is somewhat reminiscent of orange ginger and has a strong and slightly bitter taste. With mango, pineapple and ginger in addition, this becomes an exotic latte!
You can make it just like you make a chai latte.
This is how we make turmeric latte!(Time consumption: Under 15 min ) You need this:
- Turmeric and mango (buy here)
- Milk (of desired type)
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Put 2 tablespoons of turmeric and mango for each cup (which is about 2 dl) in a pot
- Top up with milk (2 dl per cup is usual)
- Bring to a gentle boil, turn down the plate and let it brew for 4-6 minutes
- Then strain this into the cup
- Add the desired amount of sugar to the pot (maybe 1 tablespoon per cup?)
- Let it come to a boil and preferably simmer a little on a low heat, then the milk will become thick. (But be careful that it doesn't burn and boil over - it's quickly done)
- Feel free to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top if you made the milk thick enough (otherwise the cinnamon will float out)