What is turmeric latte
Gurmekeie latte, also known as Golden Milk, is a bit like a chai latte . We first brew a strong tea before adding a little milk. We use our mixture of Turmeric and mango which gives a strong and fruity latte. Turmeric is somewhat reminiscent of orange ginger and is strong and slightly bitter in taste. With mango, pineapple and ginger in addition, this becomes an exotic latte!
You can make it just like you make a chai latte.
This is how we make turmeric latte!(Time consumption: Under 15 min ) You need this:
- Turmeric and mango (buy here)
- Milk (of desired type)
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Put 2 tablespoons of turmeric and mango for each cup (which is about 2 dl) in a pot
- Top up with milk (2 dl per cup is usual)
- Bring to a gentle boil, turn down the plate and let it brew for 4-6 minutes
- Then strain this into the cup
- Add the desired amount of sugar to the pot (maybe 1 tablespoon per cup?)
- Let it come to a boil and preferably simmer a little on a low heat, then the milk will become thick. (But be careful that it doesn't burn and boil over - it's quickly done)
- Feel free to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top if you made the milk thick enough (otherwise the cinnamon will float out)