What is matcha?
Matcha is basically green tea leaves that have been ground into powder. We mix this powder straight into the water and drink it. That's why matcha tastes very green!
There are many different types of matcha, just as there are many types of black tea ( Darjeeling , Assam , etc) and green tea ( Gunpowder , Dragon Well , etc). The matcha varieties that are drunk neat are very exclusive and of high quality, while some are meant to be used in food and therefore have a slightly lower quality and sharper taste. The quality is reflected in the price. We have one of each among the two variants: our Premium matcha and our Barista's matcha .
Matcha latte has become a very popular drink and it is probably because the milk that is added balances some of the vegetal flavor from the green leaves.
This is how we make a matcha latte(Time consumption: Under 15 min ) You need this:
- Put 1 teaspoon of matcha in a cup
- Put about 2 dl of milk in a saucepan and heat up. If necessary, use milk steamers
- Boil the milk gently
- Pour half of the milk into the cup and use a matcha whisk to mix the powder into the milk. Then pour over the rest of the milk in the cup
- Feel free to add the desired amount of honey/sugar to the pot (maybe 1 tablespoon?)
- Feel free to sprinkle some matcha on top if you made the milk thick enough (otherwise the cinnamon will float out) Then it looks extra good on Instagram!
This is how you can make chai latte more easily
- Bring 2 tablespoons masala chai in the Tea Brewer
- Fill the tea maker half full with hot water and let it brew for 4-6 minutes.
- Place the T-brewer over the cup and strain out the tea
- Heat up and steam 2 dl of milk and pour it into the tea
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top
- Add the desired amount of sugar to the tea (maybe 1 tablespoon?)